The Muslim Mosque and Islamic Center of Woodland is an independent non profit organization. Its function is to practice and propagate Islam in the United States of America by providing religious, educational and recreational facilities for members of the public at large.
The Islamic center's policies are based on the followings:
- The sources of Islam are the Holy Quran and the authentic (or 'sahih' in Arabic), non-controversially relayed, tradition of prophet Mohammed (Peace Be Upon Him).
- Islam is a universal mercy of God. Muslims identify primarily as Muslims not as an ethnic group, race, color, or tribe.
- Arabic is taught as the language of the Holy Qur'an. The language of communication of the center is the language of the land, i.e. the English language. and in addition to English Urdu or Punjabi are used during conducting activities of the Center, Friday services and other religious functions as majority of the members are fluent in these languages.
- Efforts should be made and are being made to use English language to accommodate and educate our youth properly.
- The Islamic center follows Sunni school of thought as it is practiced by majority of the members at this time but we believe that the schools of thought (or 'madhab' in Arabic), are a matter of personal preference, not a community policy and all sects are welcomed here to worship according to their own beliefs.
- The affairs of Muslims should be handled through consultation (or 'shura' in Arabic), discipline and organization.
- The Center is committed to progressive performance and to the state of the art in all the ways and means of projecting and propagating Islam. Men and women are equally responsible to put the effort, formalize the policies and design the plans for the Center and several sisters are already involved in teaching and managing the Sunday school.
- The Center does not believe that segregation of the sexes is the guarantee of righteousness, but modesty, decency, and observing the prohibitions that Allah and his apostle dictated, as well as the purity of the heart and the clarity of the conscience, are the guarantees.
- While advocating the codes and ethics of Islamic behavior, we believe that there is no compulsion in religion. And we believe that the consideration of feelings of all human beings is a matter of great respect and attention.
- We believe that the role of the Center is a role of reminding, not the role of compelling or dictating. The Center as a policy does not judge people or classify Muslims.
- Islam is a way of life; all actions should be geared towards the interest of Islam and Muslims in the USA. .Preoccupation by other countries' politics leads only to division and chaos among Muslims in America and is contrary to the policies of the Islamic Center.
Woodland Mosque and Islamic Center
1023 North Street
Woodland, CA 95695